While Connie gave some good and simple instructions
I made a fresh start with my eco-dyeing adventure.
It really is a matter of trial and error for me,
error it was, most of the time to be honest.
I hardly ever get the bright and sharp prints I see with others
but, I'm still going strong and trying again.
The picture of my Sanguisorba gave Connie the idea
that I might give it a go with thát one.
I also took some flowers of the red Persicaria (syn. Polygonum)
and the little yellow ones, fallen of the Verbascum
and some green leaves.
I had some silk, with chiffon on top,
and some strips of the etamine (wool) and cotton scrim
I used at Pam's workshop, which had not much colour on them.
In the front garden I found a lovely dark red Alcea (hollyhock)
that gave good colour at Pam's.
( the hollyhock was hidden and I hadn't noticed it,
while the bigger plant was all eaten by those nasty slugs or snails )
So, ready for the steam pot
They went in there for half an hour
and I let them cool down over night in a plastic bag.
This morning I hoped for the "aaaaah"- moment ......
... which I got !!!
( The green leaves didn't do anything at all !
The orange colour in the right bottom photo is from the first onion skin dye bath,
while the reddish swirls in the bottom piece in the same photo
are from sari silk threads
I got from generous Siets in the dye / felt workshop )