zaterdag 16 juni 2018

colours ...

This week daughter and I were busy at school.
It's the school where I worked,
where daughter went,
and the grandchildren
(now only the youngest)

When I worked at school, I loved to use the windows
as a third (fourth) wall, and painted on them
whenever I needed it in a theme.
Later on, others asked me to decorate their windows as well !
When daughter "took over" that task I always helped her out.

The painting at the entrance door was damaged
(by scratchy little fingers)
and because the white paint we used
for some unknown cause started to peel ...
So, time to do the painting once again.


Some background, and then it's done !

*
The garden thrives ...
not only the flowers, but the tiny visitors as well !
Each year the Polygonatum is attacked by caterpillars,
it was no different this year

They start at the juicy seedpods
and then work from the top down ...

Well,
if you want butterflies ...
you have to endure these little buggers !

Of all the plants I bought through the years
a  LOT  disappeared, while others thrived
(and became too many sometimes)

I thought I'd lost this beauty

a Sanguisorba (menziesii, I think)

until I found it here again on the stairs to the water !
Must leave it there, I can't move it !
(NO .... my stairs are not very tidy !!!)

And in the water :

another beauty struggling ...

This Campanula lactiflora "Prichard's variety" is slowly getting bigger !

*

When Man is too busy with his "colours"

Bella surely has her ways to persuade him
to pay more attention to her !
"You have to pet me ..."



6 opmerkingen:

  1. Prachtige foto’s en wat boft de school met jullie....

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. love seeing the painting at your old school and the beauty of your garden and Bella!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. love to see the pics of your garden. Yes you have to tolerate caterpillars. But not slugs! It seemes that I have planted some slug goddies this year. Only some leaves left :-(

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Ahhhh Doris, slugs and snails fly a short distance across the water (to the communal high grass)

      Verwijderen