zaterdag 19 februari 2022

an oldie

I Stitch Club Julie B. Booth had another workshop for us :
the "good old" trapunto technique.

Trapunto is two layers of fabric
with a design that is hand (or machine) stitched
then parts of the design are stuffed,
originally mostly done in white on white.

(of course Julie wouldn't be Julie
if she didn't teach it with a twist !)

A bit of very pale pink old linen blouse was my start
and I made several small sketches as a design.
I chose one and transferred it to the cloth
and started stitching and stuffing.

When I was nearly finished
so I could take the final pictures
I realized what day it was
February  14
Valentine !














2 opmerkingen:

  1. Oh, wie schön !
    Das man in Filz schöne erhabene Ornamente sticken kann hab ich schon ausprobiert aber hier auf Stoff , einfach herrlich !!!
    Herzlichst Angela

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Danke dir Angela, ja, ich nab bei Sara Lechner das mal ausprobiert . . . (das war zuerst filzen mit der Filznadel (maschine) und dann sticken)

      Verwijderen