My original plan was to stop with the October journal quilt
because I didn't know very well how to continue.
Then in the garden, I saw what was left of my New Dawn Rose:
lots of rose-hips in bright greenish orange
... then I knew how to go on with the faces !
(not all in a "rosy" mood)
One piece of fabric was replaced by another orange scrap:
and I drew and stitched some faces on a piece of dark blue fabric
like we learned in Jude's "Beasts class"
And here is the finished journal quilt for October
with lots of faces .... ;-)
Now I could really set my mind on November!
Weeks ago I already made the sketches for November and December
(....and the still missing August ...)
The grays and blues and browns were chosen
and brought downstairs (to accompany the stacks already there)
The pieces for the background are picked but not yet sewn together
for I don't know if I do "patches" or "appliqué"
... probably a bit of both ...
Lately I thought my scissors needed to be sharpened
because it didn't cut very well at the point ....
NOW I'm not so sure anymore ........
( I think I have to ask Jude to "send" me a magic feather )
Here is the start of a little piece of November
It's always hard to judge how big the pieces must be
in order to fit together nicely
( that is: without making a pattern ! )