dinsdag 28 september 2021

walking

 The last two week took me walking 
photographing
and mark-making
for  STITCH  CLUB

Shelley Rhodes
gave a wonderful workshop that I liked very much !
But because my legs (knees) are not what they once used to be
my walk was just a small "around-the block" kind of walk
that's why I thought of a special way to depict that "block"
by making a square instead of the
suggested long strip.







After preparing and drawing my marks
with different materials
I could start adding stitch
which resulted in my final piece
that I then framed in a deep frame with glass on both sides.




some details of the stitching



I added some real alder seed cones
in the middle.
The fun thing is that in Dutch
the alder tree is called "els"
so what better way to make this really mine

:-) 










8 opmerkingen:

  1. this is so beautiful (((Els))), love the movement you caught with the grasses!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks ((Mo)) Phragmites australis (reed) more that 2 meter high and always moving . . . also used for thatched roofs or some windmills (but it is very expensive to have such a roof made! and insured !)

      Verwijderen
  2. Prachtig, een heel bijzondere collage met doorkijkjes!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Dankje Hannie ! Die speciale lijst had ik allang, maar nu was ie precies goed :-) !

      Verwijderen
  3. those rust/orange berries are exceptional … and love that you created a block …

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Thanks Liz, a strip of one meter (or more) isn't easy to hang . . . but it was more because it really was "around the block" And since it's the edge of the village it is still out in the open :-)
      The berries are Pyracantha (firethorn) wonderful autumn colours but, as the name says : awful sharp thorns

      Verwijderen