donderdag 15 augustus 2024

felting : "water" and "fire"

For the upcoming Art Market in ZEIST
on the 24th of August
I started with a hew
fish


To make sharp colour edges
is it easiest to work with pre-felt
and the industrial pre-felt is nice and even . . .
BUT, I don't have that many colours of it.

That left me with the problem to lay out my wool tops
in a way that the edges were still sharp,
but where I could, I used the pre-felt




The problem with this is that laying out tops isn't
the same thickness as the pre-felt
So : a bit fiddly !


second side . . .


and making the cut for the mouth
to remove the resist.

The final result was the little video
when my fish was drying in the garden !
(still a bit of stitching to do
to give the final touch for the eyes)

And after "water" came "fire"


A new belt pouch !
Brown for the colour of wood
and on the flap
FIRE !


First the inside colour, then,
the second layer, the colours on the flap
and a sleeve at the back for the belt.


Securing the edge after the cut to remove the resist
and I like to secure things with some (non-felting) stitches

(and I still have a belt to make !)

*
And again . . . we have sweet house guests



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten