donderdag 16 december 2010

old beast .... new beast

I started my December journal quilt with a woven background
all in dark blues : the night sky ...

Then I started with the biggest star,
the one that will have 
a spiral heart 
but :
not now!

This is my latest project that HAS to be finished tomorrow :
an old "beast" of Jude's Patchwork Beasts Class 
which I followed this summer.
I made two similar pieces in pale yellow and white
but I didn't know very well how to continue
so they were still lieing about
waiting for Inspiration ! 

A very vague idea for a present was all that was needed.
Some days ago I finally started : about time !!!
(but sometimes pressure works great for me)

A lot of TEETH were needed !
For this will be a present for our dentist, who is retiring from practice.
( I don't like to go to the dentist : there's always some kind of trouble
but ...
HE took away my greatest fear for dentists looooong ago ! )


At first I thought it would be a dog ....
... but then it turned out to be a horse !
You see ? Even the magic thread is already in place !!!

There is still a LOT of stitching to be done
so :
I BETTER GET ON WITH IT !

5 opmerkingen:

  1. don't you love how the beast changes as you work on it. love those teeth.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. How fun..... love those teeth! Such personality they add!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. i hate working under the wire like that! Love this beast though. Can't wait to see it done...

    ;~) Debi

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen