donderdag 17 september 2020

potatoes ?.

After the STITCH CLUB "faces" workshop of Ailish

came the next one by Clarissa Callesen

She is a sculptor and has used many different materials

Now she works with textile.

She demonstrated how to make "potatoes"

Hahaha :

just little (or big) ball-shaped forms of fabric stuffed with fiberfill

but : any other shape was right too !

Because I was busy with something else

it took a while before I could start

but my hands started to itch and I gave it a go


I mostly like to work rather small

so this first one is the size of a brooch (or pendant)


(12 x 5.5 cm)


Fabrics with a different colour scheme are ready for the next one

6 opmerkingen:

  1. (((Els))) beautiful textures and forms & a very different colour palette, you are really pushing your edges into beautiful places this year!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. That's the loveliest "potato" I've ever seen ;-)
    I suspect there are lots of dainty little stitches there. The combination of fabrics is fabulous, and so good to see your work taking new directions but still with the same Els style

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen