vrijdag 28 november 2014

what a friend !

Some people might say that :
Blog-land isn't the real world .....
and that you should stick to friends nearer to "home"
I don't agree with that.

Of course I love my "real life" friends around the corner.
But a lot of times, people I encounter in Blog-land,
become friends,
just as good as the "real life" ones !

It's not the first time that such a Blog friendship/admiration
results in something special
like this swap.
(and it will probably not be the last either)

This time I had a swap with Jana
She makes such wonderful felted flower mandalas
and I love the way she writes
about all the things that move her
in her work and daily life.

Yesterday her package to me arrived
and I was very still after I opened it.

The most beautiful rainbow coloured flower mandala was in it.

And yet there was more

There was a lovely card, packets with seeds, 
a smoke bundle of fragrant herbs,and some homemade fudge.

THANK YOU  MUCH, JANA
you made me very happy and privileged person !!!

Because little grandson was there when the package arrived
he loved to take part in the unpacking
and admiring the wonderful soft flower !


His dear knitted bear got a warm blanket


This was my part of the swap

The felted "Earth" necklace went to Jana


(well, I was in the mood for mandalas, when I sent my package to her)


What a wonderful (far away)  friends I have
!!!!!

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Wow what a treasure to be treasured! :)
    How are you? I've been off the computer for a while been catching up on your blog. I love all of your mandalas.
    It must be getting colder where you are, it warming up over here!
    Hope your well :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. That is one beautiful felt mandala! And yours as usual is lovely Els. I totally agree about bloggy friends, they are not the same as your 'real' friends but I wouldn't be without you and my other friends in blogland! Lxxx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. That mandala is gorgeous! As is your adorable grandson! Seems like yesterday he had just been born :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Have really enjoyed your mandala series, Els. Including seeing both parts of the swap...beautiful...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen