before I started again on my small paintings
I had to work on the felting - exchange :
namely a composition of all the pieces
that were send to me during the whole year.
I hadn't succeeded doing so with the exchange
of the previous year, with my "sunny" theme.
This time it was a bit easier
because I asked for
"a red piece that could be hung"
I fixed two stumps of old Buddleja wood together
and hung the pieces on the branches.
(if you want to see all the different pieces up close :
just click on the label felting-exchange in the sidebar)
With that task literally out of the way
(and in the mail)
I could go back to my paintings.
There are still two really small one that are
in their first stage, and I'm still thinking how to continue.
So I took another old canvas
and started hiding what I painted some years ago under a new layer of paint,
and I just love to do an underpainting of red(s).
Then another layer and rub till some of the red is back.
And once more : stenciling and printing
(the first layers of it, that is !)
Because I wanted to make a big bird,
I made a template of one out of heavy drawing paper.
An impression of the template in place, and after it was removed,
and here it is !
(50 x 40 cm)
(19.7" x 15.7")
During the very warm last few days
the water lily showed her first flower of the year
in a beautiful pink (but too much sun for the picture)
the Meconopsis Cambrica (that I got from Gabi)
and Iris Sibirica "purple haze"
Sitting in the garden with all these beauties around you
is a sheer delight