That's what the result of the new technique I did, looks like.
Today I finished the stitching
and later, in the garden under the sunshade,
I did the burning.
It was so góód I could do that outside
because it really
(the synthetic fabric melts onto the soldering iron)
These are the front and back of the piece after stitching.
The lines, that I did twice, were rather shaky sometimes :
the "lutradur" back is slippery, when guiding under the machine.
The soldering iron and some steelwool nearby
to clean the tip every now and then.
Because of the many layers and the burning
the piece is quite rigid and firm.
With a little piece of sturdy wire with eyelets at the end
I can simply hang it.