donderdag 16 april 2020

a beautiful book

Yesterday arrived
another birthday present
that was ordered by mail


LOST  WORDS

I follow Jackie Morris' blog for quite some years now
and admire her fantastic way she illustrates
her own and other books.

This is a collaboration of two artists
who greatly admire each other's work

The poems by Robert Macfarlane
capture the true spirit of each and every animal or plant

I loved the book when I saw it on Jackie's blog
and was VERY curious when I saw it
in our wonderful Rotterdam bookshop (Donner)
translated in Dutch
.....

But I can only say that
Bibi Dumon Tak
(a Dutch writer)
did a splendid job translating Robert's (lost) words


(it is only a pity
that the printed gold leaf background of Jackie's watercolours 
is not as bright as the "real thing")

I can strongly recommend this wonderful book
to anyone who loves nature
poems and watercolurs !





2 opmerkingen: