vrijdag 5 juni 2020

colour me a rainbow

After the treasure container (of Debbie Lyddon's workshop)
for my little ladybug was finished,
I had another idea :
when you love rainbows why not paint bits of fabric
to make vessels
and make a rainbow of vessels !

Sketching and thinking came first


and then the rainbow on the "washing line"


Making the vessels and making the peepholes


 Hmmm ... stitching can be a dangerous business !

The stack is done except the top edge ...

I didn't have a fixed idea of how to keep the vessels together
but I incorporated a tiny wire loop
while stitching the top edge

and on the bottom (shallow) one I made two loops.


There was this tiny glass bird
that I bought about two years ago from a fellow artist
on an art market
that I thought of as the next "treasure to hide"
But I didn't want to put this bird
in the cage of the top vessel :
no place for a bird !
But ... what is at the end of the rainbow ???
Of course GOLD !

The rainbow of vessels spread out on the floor
(only some sequins and seed beads ...)


A rainbow of vessels






5 opmerkingen:

  1. (((Els))) you found the gold at the end of the rainbow, what a treasure!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Ohhh what a beautiful idea Els, and so very you. I love it, and what fun and inspiration you are taking from the Textile Artist challenges. I so enjoy watching xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. ((Kat)) it is really inspiring !
      Busy stitching with the second workshop ...

      Verwijderen
    2. I look forward to your next results :-)

      Verwijderen