finally got my "samplodicus" for Pam
's class finished !
I thought of a critter
that would be "real" and "not-real"
and came up with the mudskipper ...
(Saw a Star Trek episode years ago
where Captain Janeway turned into a giant one,
but it wasn't the best of episodes, haha !)
Two days ago I showed all the parts
that needed to be prepared first
BEFORE I even could think of starting the real work.
all I can say that it went rather quick then.
(just some consideration what to do first ...)
Meet the samplodicus Mudskipper !
several techniques (8) in one critter.
Here he is belly up ...
(and stuffed with paper towels)
The VERY fine white merino (16 mic) I used
for the biggest part of the body
gave me, like it did before, some trouble
Because the plastic template I use is also white
I can hardly see it the layers of wool
are thick enough ...
Result : a nearly hole ...
I made a tiny piece of the flimsiest prefelt ever
and stitched it with linen thread
on the inside of the body !
Not so big after all !
Mudskipper with templates used