zaterdag 12 februari 2011

felting day

Yesterday we had a lovely felting day with friends.
They did some felting here before
and one of them is surely bitten by the felting bug !

Felting a bag is a lot of work
so we started early
after coffee and applepie of course.
( Man had a bit of a flu so he retired upstairs,
free from chattering ladies )

The friend brought wonderful Sandra Meech-like
photos for inspiration taken by her husband.

then she picked the colours
and we used a template I made for a bag some time ago
that way she could see how big it would end up.


the a-symmetric flap fitted the design of the photo perfectly


.... with a little help from my friends ....

At four two very satisfied friends went home again

 At home : some rinsing
and then drying, stuffed with towels

And I ?
today I felted a bag too
( and went on with my February felt-stitching )

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Looks great Els. How the elbows? I did some felting workshops a few years back the result is always beautiful - Hugs Nat

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Oh, Else! I want to play, too! Wish I lived close enough - this looks such fun.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. What a wonderful interpretation of the photo. Love the red and peach flap

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen