zondag 17 februari 2013

lost ... and a new one

Just more than a week ago 
daughter lost the (real) Peru baby hat 
her youngest son was wearing 
while they were doing some shopping in the local mall.
We asked several times if it was found 
without success ...

(so the little one was wearing a slightly too big hat, I had knitted for his mom ages ago)

That left me no alternative than to grab my needles
and some leftover yarn in various colours,
draw some patterns of little man,
and make a gauge swatch.

... and I started knitting ...

... and knitting ...

finished !
(ha, there hád to be a little white dog somewhere ...)

Here's the little elf himself
(with mom's heavenly blue Malabrigo shawlette)

We think he looks very cute 
(though we 're not sure that he will agree 
in ... let's say ... fifteen years  ?)
*

Ha, almost forgot this lovely peek in the garden



10 opmerkingen:

  1. Thanks for your lovely comment...:)
    I have been doing alot sleeping lately.
    But I want to get a few knitted things finished before my baby brain kicks in and it takes for ever to finish any thing because as silly mistakes LOL;)

    I love the hat you knitted you must be a very fast knitter. Hope he keeps it on his head and not lose this one. My kids as baby always pulling their hat shoes and sock off. I use to put tights on my boys under their pants in winter when they where babys, I got sick of losing baby socks it gets expensive after a while :)

    I finish my first hat I knitted for my daughter I have to sew the antler on it then pop it on the blog.

    I love your Iris. I have some purple and yellow ones in my garden sleeping at the moment.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. This hat is so precious...as is the little mister! The colors really show off his gorgeous eyes! Beautiful iris. Mine are up, but not blooming. But, my daffodils are a tiny patch of sunshine :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. he is the cutest and you sure finished that beautiful hat in record time.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Ayeee! Els! the hat is so perfect! that blue matches the baby eyes so well. happy week my friend, sus

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Prachtige muts, Els.
    Welke kleur de ogen van onze nieuwe kleinzoon Finn (een Valentijnscadeau) hebben, is nog niet duidelijk.
    Maar het breien van een muts kan wachten tot de volgende winter!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Wow, wat knap! Maak deze muts maar goed vast, zo jammer als ie weer verdwijnt...
    Die lieve toet eronder past er ook leuk bij ;-) !

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Such adorable child. Lovelier with Granny's hat, Cute...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Oh how cUUUUTE! Maybe not in 15 years but he'll love it in 18. My son put a pic on Facebook as his profile of me holding him when he was a baby and he was wearing the hooded cardigan I'd knitted for him. Heehee :) xx

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Wat een prachtige muts voor een prachtig kindje! Als hij ooit zelf papa mag worden, zal hij dol zijn op deze foto, dat weet ik zeker en misschien krijgt de muts dan een tweede drager.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen