maandag 27 juni 2016

... here comes the sun ...

The last few days were filled 
with stitching,
stitching,
and more stitching.

Done !

    Summer  Solstice   2016


(I'll have to check tomorrow,
with better (sun) light,
if the colours are okay)


More details of the left and right side.

It was really fun to use lots of different
embroidery threads :
silk, rayon, DMC  and thin crochet yarn.
I the outer circle I used all kinds of blues, purple and even green.

After I did the final bit on the bluish circle


I looked where there needed to be more yellow quilting.

In the end I folded the thin white backing fabric
over to the wrong side and stitched it.
I'll probably mount the quiltlet on a canvas.

*

There were a lot of wet days
this last week.
But sometimes when the sun came out
I could sit in the garden and stitch.
Some noise made me take a better look at the water :
(that runs along our garden)
a "baby" grebe and mama.

Mama had managed to catch a fish.
The little one was squeaking,
but mama held on to her fish

I had even time to fetch my camera,
and still she held on to her prey for minutes.


Bur the little one stayed close and alert

Then she finally handed the fish over 
and he finally could start swallowing the fish
(I did catch that, but the picture is unsharp ...)

Here he just had it inside
ha, you can still see where the fish is ...

Done

Hmmmmmm ...
I think he has a smile on his face !

Ahhhhh, that water is such a BONUS to our garden !


(oh, this is post 600 !)

4 opmerkingen:

  1. such beautiful stitching & love your way with colour!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Els...ongelooflijk weer!!!
    ik zou het aan willen raken, van heel dichtbij willen bekijken
    zozozo mooi

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. ... áls het weer eens een keertje lukt ...
      zal ik het meenemen !
      Groetjes Yvette

      Verwijderen