zaterdag 11 februari 2023

print making

Ages ago I bought a book about printing
with Medium Gel Matte
(normally used in painting with acrylic paint)
but never really used it in my work.

Stich Club had another workshop with
Cas Holmes
and there this method was used.
So a good reason to have another go
at Medium or even white acrylic paint.


"my secret garden"


I made lots of tests,
not all of them very successful.
It depended probably on what magazines
I took the photos from, too vigorous rubbing
or just too wet, so all disappeared.



After rubbing off the paper I let them dry on the kitchen tiles !
(the second batch)

It surely is a fun way to add personal stuff to your work !
(this will surely be continued)


In the real garden things are moving to spring !

Always happy to see these again !!!

6 opmerkingen:

  1. Dat is mooi gelukt met jouw secret garden. Herkenbaar wat je beschrijft over wat je merkte bij het uitproberen. Na heel veel experimenteren na Cas' leuke workshop lijk ik nu ook redelijke prins te krijgen.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. Ja, Conny, het hangt heel erg van het papier waarop gedrukt is af (wat betreft de tijdschriften dan. (te nat maken is ook niet erg handig : dan gaat alles eraf)

      Verwijderen
  2. Reacties
    1. (haha, soms zie je pas wat je getypt hebt als het al "afgedrukt" staat !)

      Verwijderen
  3. These look very intriguing. Did you use the gel medium to adhere the magazine picture to background cloth? Have done something similar with Christine Chester, and also using gel medium screened through sheer poly voile so the image is slightly clouded by the voile.
    I love your winter aconites, I have snowdrops but no aconite, they are so cheerful with their happy yellow faces and frilly collars

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. YES Kat, that is just the way I did it :-)
      The mandala came from a cheap colouring book.
      ( And the book I have is about this is called "Paper and metal leaf lamination" and describes the screen printing with medium, but didn't try that)
      Ohhhh remind me and I send you some seeds !!! (ha : I pinch out the seed heads for some years now !)

      Verwijderen