I promised to tell about the bigger piece that I made
after starting the year with smaller work.
When the green collar was finally finished
(after all the setback)
I wanted to start another collar/shawl.
With the green collar I tried several things in this one piece :
like inclusions, nuno and different threads on the surface.
Now I just took some pieces of needle felt
that I bought at Hawar's (móre than a year ago)
There I bought a bit of red, magenta, pink and orange.
I wasn't satisfied with the pattern of the green collar either.
Felt can be rather "stiff".
It doesn't have the "flow" (flexibility)
some other fabrics have.
That's not a problem ...
as long as you deal with that caracteristic feature.
That's why I wanted to shape the collar
around a torso-like pattern.
I wanted two layers,
I wanted leaves,
I wanted points.
Two layers, and rolling wet felt means : shifting
and thát, I didn't want.
So I had to do a lot of sewing together with a running stitch.
Leaves, layers, everything !
A LOT of preparations, but it paid off at the end.
... and where would we be without the magical bubble wrap ...
Un-picking the linen threads was a lot of work too
was this the reward !