vrijdag 6 juni 2014

many, many stitches

I work in waves.

Waves of felting,
knitting,
drawing,
stitching.

These last few days I did many, many, many stitches.

On the back of this number 2 tiny quilt
you can see them far better than on the front side
(hi hi hi, I like this picture)

It all started like this :
an idea, a glue-stitched background
and some snippets of cloth.
(this time most of the snippets came from Sus,
a lovely present she once sent me)

After a lot of stitches with one or two threads embroidery floss
.....


this is the final face,   meooooow !

But, as I mentioned before, I work in waves, so :

another start, number 3 : grass !

And

(it's getting monotonous)
many, many, many more stitches
.....


WHAT'S  THAT,  HIDDEN  IN  THE  GRASS ?


(I'm not cheating)
it's me : 
Cheetah 

(15  x  15cm)

Why am I working so hard ???
Daughter and I are going to a market on 2nd Pentecost
(this Monday)
in Ouwerkerk, Zeeland
(and I will also take these beauties with me)

Hope to see you there  ;-)


5 opmerkingen:

  1. ... especially wonderful, those backs ;>]

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Your waves are looking great!
    Hugs Doris

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Beautiful! I like your cats face!
    I planted the rest of my bulbs today and I was thinking of your beautiful garden.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Els, your cheetah and mountains just made my day-
    so wonderful to view your lovely work.
    best
    Cecilia G.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen