zondag 5 juni 2011

square moon

Here she finally is :
my
Square Moon

on the border is written 
"what if    ...    the moon    ...    was a sqaure ?"

The idea came up during Jude's
Whispering Sun, moon, stars  series
She had asked herself some time before : what-if the sun was a sqaure ?
so I asked myself what if the moon was square ...
(because I had some lovely off-white nine patches with which
I made some "biscornu's")

(the inchies came from the chequer board plan that didn't work out as such, 
the biscornu was one that was blue on both sides)

This is what the nine patch moon looks like now :

the square moon

*

(on to the next wip)


15 opmerkingen:

  1. I love your square moon, Els! She is beautiful and inspiring.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. lots of beautiful elements in your square moon piece.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. your square moon is absolutely beautiful!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. This whole piece is amazing! Love it. Especially love the way the blue strip fades in and out...wonderful!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Oh my, this is stunningly beautiful! You really have a way with design. Lovely stitching too!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. This is such a beautiful piece!!! So glad I stopped over to look!! :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Just perfect and this is one cool, square moon!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. just beautiful how you pulled this all together.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Gorgeous! I love how you limited the color palette, but achieved so much with value and texture. I am envious of your beautiful embroidery.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  10. Your eye for design is wonderful Els...and that little greenish square on the bottom right....ohhhhh :~)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  11. this is wonderful Els. your colour combination and stitch is beautiful. I love it.

    xt

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen