maandag 1 oktober 2018

PINK RIBBON : day one

Today, October first, is the beginning
of my PINK  RIBBON  challenge
when I make
a textile jewel every day
that I will sell for the Pink Ribbon Fund.

The Pink Ribbon Fund needs money to support research
to find the best probable treatment and aftercare
for breast cancer patients

It is more than 20 years
that I was a breast cancer patient myself
and it still moves me when I see how many women
(and men) have to deal with this illness.


Yesterday I started stitching on the sewing machine,
the water soluble was washed out
and it dried over night.
Because I wasn't quite happy with the white of the background
I played a bit with "Inktense" pencils.

So,
(though it's not spring (here) and no full moon)
I start with this Textile Jewel for day 1

An oval brooch with machine and hand stitching
(felt and cotton)
(7 x 4 cm)
(2.75 x 1.55")


You can have this magical brooch
for a donation of 

€ 10


SOLD  !

Just send me an email at
fiberrainbow@gmail.com

All the money will go to the Pink Ribbon Fund !


"MOON HARE"


Hope to see you tomorrow
for the next Textile jewel 


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten